We’re delighted to share that Colas Rail UK has signed as a Bronze Signatory of the Second Chances Charter created by West Midlands Police and Crime Commissioner (PCC).
The Second Chances Charter removes the stigma around employing ex-offenders, providing them with support to find employment, training, support and give them the ‘second chance’ and in turn reduce re-offending.
This support includes interviews, entry-level jobs, workplace mentors, work experience placements and other incentives.
The charter has been co-launched by the PCC and West Midlands Combined Authority and provides the following resources:
- A ‘one-stop shop’ microsite for public and private organisations to access information
- Education for employers, not just charter signatories on the benefits of recruiting former offenders
- Ensure appropriate roles and vacancies are offered
- Hosting employability events to launch the scheme and invite former offenders to meet potential employers
- A commitment to evolve the charter as more information is available
For more information about our company values please visit our Who We Are Page.
First Published: 19th April 2023