We recently held our first of many Inclusive (Best Practices) Hiring Guide webinars, hosted by Recruitment Manager, Molly O’Connell and Melissa Marcellin, Global DEI & Wellbeing Manager.
The Inclusive Hiring Guide tool has been developed in collaboration with our EDI (Equity, Diversity and Inclusion) network, We By Colas Rail for Hiring Managers and is designed to:
- Promote EDI and eliminate unconscious bias.
- Create equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Be a reference guide covering to ensure our hiring process is fair and equitable.
This guide was created in collaboration with our EDI network, We By Colas Rail to ensure our hiring process is fair and was communicated to teams.
The guide includes:
- Types of bias: Unconscious Bias, Affinity Bias, Likeability Bias
- Advertising and Screening Methods
- Interviewing: Measures of Evaluation and Assessment
- Selection and making the final decision.
More information was provided at the end of the webinar with details on where to acquire further information on the inclusive hiring guide, the assessment grid and frequently asked questions.
Published: June 13th 2023